Tuesday

50! (Minus 1) Day 49

11/30/2009
Day 49 0f 182

A migraine. I forgot how awful it is. I haven't experienced a migraine in nearly three months which has been wonderful! There was a time when I was having at least one per week, sometimes every other day, so the hiatus was refreshing, I wasn't so keen on having to wake up with one. I began with ibuprofen, and eventually matriculated to my trusty Imitrex Sub Cutaneous (shot) and finished with a brief, but awful bout with nausea and vomited. Awesome. Needless to say, my workout was impeded a bit and I was only able to muster the strength to do a mile. The one downside of my medication is that it makes my skin hurt. . . I know that sounds weird, but it actually hurts. I have to wait to shower because the heat from the water feels like singing needles on my flesh. Even warm water feels ultra hot and it is very uncomfortable. The same thing goes for cold temperatures.

I made it to work, made it through the shift and now I am home. I have three days off in a row and I am looking forward to cleaning my house, seeing a movie and relaxing. We have an all too important Civil War Game this Thursday (University of Oregon vs. Oregon State) so I will be looking forward to that! Tomorrow is really day 50, AWESOME!

Activity
1 mile

Meals
Cheerios with milk
8 oz Gatorade
6" veggie sandwich
7 oz salmon
Large salad
17 pretzels
Non-fat yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment