Tuesday

Day 71

12/22/2209
Day 71 of 182

One day closer to Christmas, only three more days of stupid Christmas music and then a solid 11 months without it. I used to like Christmas music, but that was before I began to realize that it permeates itself throughout every retail, restaurant and grocery outlet beginning in November and lasting six long, torturous months. It is almost over, Thank you God!

I woke up today feeling very grumpy for some reason (hmmm, what could the reason be?) and REALLY,REALLY did not feel like working out. I was (and am) incredibly sore from two consecutive upper body strength training days. I read somewhere that women have a better chance following through with working out if they simply put their workout clothes on. I hastily put on my clothes and did go workout, begrudgingly.

Simple Secret Number 2:
The Quest for a Perfect Body Is Doomed:
Seeking a healthier lifestyle is inherently good and will help in many aspects of your life, but seeking a perfect outcome-the perfect body-is neither good nor helpful. When we seek a perfect outcome, we set ourselves up for failure. Perfection never truly exists because there is always going to be one more thing that can be improved. Seek a healthy body that functions, not a picture perfect display case.

I often fondly recall the physique I had in my teens and early twenties. When I graduated high school I was 5'11" and weighed 155 lbs. I wore a size 7/8 and although I had felt awkward in my lanky limbs, I had begun to realize that the height was actually a gift and I embraced it. When I look at photographs from that time in my life, I realize that the current me doesn't find that my younger version looked healthy. I was thin, but I don't look strong.

I have seen Tyra Banks tear models apart for being too big or too short etc. etc. but the truth is that perfection doesn't exist. I look at my ultra thin teenage body and see room for improvement. I think that women (some men too) are constantly reminded of what perfection looks like and proceed to pick themselves apart in an attempt to get one inch closer to that image. It's truly sad that we, as a society, don't focus more on the overall health. A perfect package can be hiding something truly heinous lurking below the surface.

Activity:
3.5 miles

Meals
Life Cereal with milk
???

No comments:

Post a Comment