Sunday

Just another Sunday (Day 62)

12/13/2009
Day 62 of 182

Well, another exciting Sunday. I am off to Vancouver today and I am looking forward to a smooth and prosperous shift. The last few days at work have been much less stressful and I hope that the same goes for today.

Thanks for all of the comments both here, on my blog as well as via Facebook. Your words of encouragement and cheer are truly gratifying. I had someone send me a comment yesterday regarding my diet and whether I am eating ENOUGH calories to sustain my activity level both personally and professionally. I figure that on any given day I walk the equivalent of 10 miles throughout my shift. It isn't the same as general exercise, but it does require a lot of energy and stamina. In addition, I exercise at least 5 times a week from an hour to 2 hours each time. I estimate that I burn close to 4500-5000 calories a day with a BMR of 3100, exercise and work.

I have often thought about whether I am eating enough. Especially when eating mostly raw foods such as vegetables and lean proteins, there aren't really a on of calories in those things. I add eggs, soy and cheese, with the occasional sweet or indulgence. My largest problem that I face is the ability to find the time in my day to eat. I figure that I should eat around 2000 calories a day (at least.) and I am probably on a low day around 800 and on a high day around 2100. I try to eat throughout the day, but my breakfasts are minimal and my snacks around 200 calories. When I am at work, I have little time to eat and when I do it is late, around 9:00 p.m., but then I feel guilty for eating so late in the day. I don't know, I am still working it out. I am contemplating purchasing a protein shake mix or something. I have thought about seeing a nutritionist, but I am really trying to do this on my own, so any suggestions would be helpful. I will try to track my calories now as well as the actual food to get a more accurate read.

Activity:
None

Meals
Cheerios with milk (170 calories)
8 oz protein drink (120 calories)
iced coffee with milk (25 calories)
Iced coffee (I know, again...5 calories)
small salad
5oz pasta with griled scallops and light cream sauce

Will update more later. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment