Thursday

Christmas Mayhem (Day 66)

12/17/2009
Day 66 of 182

Christmas Eve is a week away!?!?!?!?! I have been SO consumed with work that I had no real idea how close Christmas was! Today was my Saturday, so to speak and I spent the last seven hours shopping and shopping and, yes, more shopping. I know that I am a girl and I should LIKE shopping and ordinarily I do, but being in any retail store is so very visually and audibly overwhelming. I have a rather large family and the amount of gifts to buy is insane.

I have less than a week to shop and I am almost done, but I still feel like I am waiting very last minute. Thank God the weather is manageable this year or I would be screwed! While in the local Hallmark store, my husband reminded me of a funny story that I had forgotten about, that is pretty funny.

A few years ago, my husband and I traveled to Europe, including Germany, for a family wedding. We stayed with Jeff's family who happen to live in a small town called Schwabish Hall. We did not think ahead and failed to purchase wedding card for the happy couple. We set out in search of a card, but neither of us speak German. We settled for a card that visually fit the bill. It was light blue, had flowers and had religious undertone. We had found our card and gave it to them on their wedding day. As my husband's cousin read the card (he does speak German) he began to laugh. We inquired as to what and he basically said that the card translated to "We are sorry for your loss." It was a bereavement card. We were so mortified and embarrassed! So the lesson of the story is "KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!"


Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle during the holidays is difficult, but it is indeed possible. Today, on the other hand was a day that splurged a bit, including a half serving of ice cream (the first ice cream in two months. I must admit it was delicious.

Activity:
2.2 miles
7 hours of shopping

Meals
Protein bar
grande latte
tuna fish pita
2 martinis
2 shrimp
small salad
1/2 portion ravioli
1/8 cup ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment