Sunday

Thanksgiving (Day 45)

11/26/2009
Day 45 of 182
Thanksgiving day. I am thankful for a lot of things, mainly my health and my family. My husband the dog and I had decided (mostly I decided) before the holiday, that we would go for a hike before Thanksgiving dinner which was being provided by the Hotel. Unfortunately, when we woke up Thursday, it was POURING! We checked out Weather.com and found out that it was only a chance of rain between the hours of 12 and 2. So, at 12:30, it had slowed to a drizzle and headed out. Our hike was 2 miles each way and was amazing. It was a real workout and I found it exhilarating. My husband found it painful and exhausting. We came to the conclusion that we would make it a point to exercise hard each Thanksgiving from this point on. It makes sense, especially since the average American eats around 5000 calories in just that day alone. Yikes!

Activity
4 mile hike (2 hours)

Meals
1 bagel with cream cheese and 3 oz smoked salmon
1 protein bar
8 oz gatorade
2 cups coffee
4 oz turkey
1/4 cup steamed corn
4 bites of mashed potatoes with gravy
1/4 cup stuffing
1/2 piece pumpkin pie
2 glasses white wine
1 cup air popped popcorn
1/2 piece veggie lasagna

A long list day, I should feel more guilty, but I don't

No comments:

Post a Comment