Monday

ODBF Day 43

11/23/09
Day 42 of 182

I needed a good workout today and boy, did I get one. When I woke up this morning, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and I was called outside. I completed my 3.3 mile route in 45 minutes. (I haven't been trying to better my time recently because my knee has been hurting so much and I have been advised that running or jogging is not a good idea.) I then got out my weights and began my strength training routine on my arms, shoulders and back. An hour later, I was done and now my arms shake just drinking a glass of water. They are thoroughly fatigued, but I have a great sense of satisfaction in this. One thing that I did about 7 weeks ago, was go to Goodwill and purchase my free weights. They were super cheap and Goodwill has so much good quality exercise equipment. I guess a lot of people have good intentions with exercise and equipment, but eventually the majority of them discontinue their efforts and end up parting with the equipment, which is good for me.

Tomorrow I will do my measurements again. It has now been six weeks and in an effort to stick to my Tuesday routine, I will measure my progress again and post my results. Hopefully things go well. I have been getting comments lately from my friends and family that I my efforts are evident, which helps boost the momentum. Thank you to all of them. It is great to hear my cheerleaders routing for me.

Gotta hit the shower and get ready for another fun filled day at work!

Activity
3.3 mile cardio
1 hour strength training upper body

Meals
1/2 bagel
2 oz yogurt, strawberry and banana smoothie (home made)
1 iced coffee
2 oz protein drink
6" subway veggie sandwich
1 bag baked Lays
8 oz Gatorade
small salad
Salad
Salmon Sandwich (poached salmon 6 oz, bun, lettuce tomato pickles, remolaude sauce (1 tbsp))
14 Dots

3 comments:

  1. You're a good writer Sabrina. It's fun to read. haha... maybe I'm just easily distracted... but it really is pretty engaging :) I think if I keep reading I'll keep feeling encouraged to get my own workouts more on track !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go snow shoeing when Justin and Jeff go, if you go I will definitely go, it would be fun!! -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so good and I'm so proud of you. I know you will be pleased with your measurement results tomorrow. Keep up the good work! You look terriffic!!!

    ReplyDelete