Thursday

OPDF Day 24

11/5/09
Day 24 of 182

Hypocrite. One word that defines me today. I feel terrible right now because I just couldn't find it in me to get out and work out this morning. It may be the weather, perhaps I am exhausted. . . I am not sure. I do know that I will have to make it up tomorrow. My feet and back are killing me and my "comfortable" Danskos that I wear to work weigh like two pounds each and I my feet are tiered and killing me today. I know, whaa whaa whaa.

So, I am done bitching and will move on. My husband was kind enough to DVR an episode of Tyra last night and it was all about "getting in shape for your shape." The focus of the program was nutrition and diet. She showcased her nutritionist who stated that getting fit was 80% diet and 20% exercise. I am not sure how I feel about that analysis. Everything that I have read has indicated that calorie restriction without exercise will result in a large loss in muscle mass in addition to fat tissue. Perhaps I have a different opinion of the word "fit."

Most of the dietary suggestions made on the show are things that I am already practicing EXCEPT that I didn't quite agree with the amount and the ratios. . . but that's just me and maybe that is why I am just maintaining. All I can say is that before my exercise regimen, I had to wake up and use my inhaler (for my asthma) or else my workouts would be unbearable, but now I haven't had to use my inhaler for nearly a week. I believe that this clearly indicates that my cardiovascular system is improving and my body is much more agile and strong. I know that nutrition is key to good health, but I believe that the exercise component and nutrition go hand in hand.

Activity
None :( This is the second day off in nearly four weeks) :

Meals:
8 oz. protein drink
Odwallla Bar
8 oz Gatorade
2 eggs
2 pieces whole wheat toast
Yumm Bowl

Salad
Almonds

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying reading your honest account of trying to be healthier while juggling the realities of the real world. It's hard. Really, really hard. For over half my life I was on a diet. I finally gave up and am just trying to eat healthier, run, and be more optimistic about pretty much everything.

    Losing inches and not having to use your inhaler are definite wins! Keep it up. Once the ball gets rolling, it really goes.

    ReplyDelete