Wednesday

ODBF Day 36

11/17/2009
Day 36 of 182

Today I decided to take my dog, as well as my in-law's dog on my hike around Forest Park. It was pretty wet outside and the ground was very soggy. I don't think that I have been this muddy since I was a kid, but I really enjoyed myself and the dogs did as well. I think one of the best things about Portland is how many great urban trails we have. It is amazing and the views are incredible. I have found myself drawn to Forest Park as well as Tryon Creek State Park lately, soaking up the beauty of fall. I try to take my dog as much as I can, and being a Beagle, she keeps her nose to the ground the whole time picking up the tiniest scent. Anyone that has any experience with Beagles knows that they love to eat and can use the exercise. She is now the in great shape since she started exercising with me and I had to increase her food consumption to keep her from losing more weight. Now, we just have to get my inlaw's dog moving a bit more.

Activity:
3.2 mile hike

Meals
8 oz protein drink
1 Harvest Power Bar
1 small side salad
Gardenburger (no condiments)
Nonfat yogurt and Grape Nuts
1 cup of air popped popcorn
16 oz Gatorade
Sushi (Spider Roll, Daikon Salad, Alaskan Roll, Spanish Makeral Nigiri)

No comments:

Post a Comment