Sunday

Eve of Thanksgiving (Day 44)

11/25/2009
Day 44 of 182

Wednesday November 25 2009 (day 44)
Day 44 of 182

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, WoW, I can't believe that it is so close. My husband and I are going to escape the chaos that is Thanksgiving and go to the coast for a few nights. I have to be back to work on Friday, so we are going to come back Friday morning. I used to LOVE the holidays, but as I have gotten older, the pressure to make it perfect is overwhelming. I am not guaranteed two days off in a row, so often I just have Thanksgiving off and must report for duty the following day. People that don't work in the restaurant industry, find it difficult to identify with the conundrum.

Most of my family does not live in the same city and often times a drive of an hour to 2.5 hours is necessary in order to see the family, and it always seems as though there are multiple Thanksgiving locations and NOBODY is happy with the scenario. Driving for multiple hours in one day in order to eat and be miserable, and heading back to work the following day is not my idea of fun. I have made my husband promise that from this point on, we will take one major holiday for ourselves and just be. So, a few days on the beach, watching movies and hanging out sounds AMAZING!

Activity:
45 minutes walking on the beach

Meals
Protein Bar
16 oz Gatorade
large iced tea
6" tuna subway sandwich
Bag Baked Lays
1 Crab Cake
2 glasses of red wine
3 ravioli filled with crab
Slice cheesecake (YUM! I splurged plan on working it off tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment