Sunday

ODBF Day 47

11/28/2009
Day 47 of 182

The weekend is drawing to a close and I am thankful to put it behind me. Traditionally, this past weekend is slower than usual and it makes for a long and tedious three days. I am back to my routine, back in the swing of things and the sense of normalcy is refreshing.

A friend of my mom recently began an exercise program and I was impressed. This guy has never been the picture of clean living. A dear friend of my late father (who passed away due to complications from alcoholism) has smoked most of his life, drinks a great deal and would rather watch television than work up a sweat has discovered the magic of exercise. Needless to say, I was impressed and pleasantly surprised. He began slowly, on a treadmill and has worked his way up to 20 minutes a day. In the beginning he could barely do five minutes. GOOD FOR HIM!!!! He has lost 10 lbs in 12 days (It must be nice being a man) and is doing great. He was surprised about how much more energy he had since he began his exercise routine and I began to think about how differently people experience the effects of exercise.

My mom HATES (did I type that in all Caps, because I am not sure that it fully articulates her disdain for working out) she feels no satisfaction since working out and never feels happy after working out. On the other hand, I always feel excellent, if not, euphorically better. I feel re energized and alert. After talking with this man, I believe that he feels the same way. I wonder what is so different physiologically that the two of us vary so much from my mother.

Anyway, just a thought. I will look into it and get back to you.

Activity
4 miles

Meals
2 poached eggs
1 piece of toast
6 inch tuna sandwich
1 bag baked lays
16 oz Gatorade
1 small salad (dressing on the side)
8 oz soup

No comments:

Post a Comment