Wednesday

Back On The Saddle Again (Day 23)

11/4/09
Day 23 of 182

I have recovered (mostly) from my meltdown yesterday. . . I was right, logic beat out emotions, at least for the time being. I suppose that it is a choice and I chose that the end result, as well as the process is an important and valuable component to this experience. I tell myself that ANYTHING worth having does not come easily and that goes for every aspect of ones life.

So, today I have decided to expand on the complexities of my work schedule and my adaptation both activity and meals.

I wake up right now around 9 a.m. I know that for many people that is late.
I usually lounge in bed for about a half hour and wake up.
Around 10 a.m. I eat breakfast, whatever that is which gets me out the door to exercise after letting my food settle for about a half hour.
At 11 a.m. I head outside for my 1 hour cardio, then I come in and do my strength training.
Around 12:30 I head to my home office to write this blog, then hit the shower to get ready for work.
I need to leave by 1:30 for my hour commute.
I get to work at 2:30 where I stay until a little after 11:00 (on the weekdays), then get back in the car for another hour commute.
I get home around midnight and watch t.v. for an hour or so (my DVR programs)
In bed around 1:30 -2 a.m.

Now, anyone who has ever worked in the restaurant industry knows that it is a very physical environment. I don't sit down for more than a half hour(total) on any given day and I am constantly walking, lifting, carrying, stooping, etc. etc. I don't have a lot of time to sit down and eat at the time that most people do and I am having a hard time adjusting my eating schedule to my work schedule. It is a balance and I have to be very deliberate. I bring my snacks, my meals and I have to stick to it, regardless of how many heaping piles of cheese fries, crispy shrimp or yummy snacks that pass my way. I keep telling myself to stay focused, it is on my mind constantly. I expect that eventually it won't be such a conscious endeavor, but for the time being it is effort with a capital "E."

My whole thing with this blog is to show (or try to show) that you don't need a gym membership or fancy shmancy equipment to get fit. You just have to have a thought out plan, stay organized and make time. Believe me, at 11:00 a.m. I would really love to watch The Young and the Restless for an hour and lounge, but that isn't an option right now.

So, Back on the Saddle again. That is me. My scale and I are not on speaking terms at the moment. Our love/hate relationship has shifted to mostly hate right now, and I am unsure of how long our "break" is going to be.

Stupid scale. Stupid, Stupid scale, I hate you. Really, I do.

Activity
5 mile bike ride (My thighs feel like jello and my ass hurts like hell, just so you know.)
1.5 mile jog with dog
Lunges
Squats (with resistance bands)

Meals
2 slices of whole wheat toast
two scrambled eggs with a little cheese
8 oz protein drink
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
Garden Burger
Apple
Salad
Odwalla Bar
17 pretzels

8 oz Gatorade

No comments:

Post a Comment