Thursday

Day 38!

11/19/2009
Day 38 of 182

Another storm is moving in, you just gotta love Oregon and our eventful seasons. Rain and more rain. Without the rain, we would not have any of the beautiful vegetation. I spent some more time enjoying the beautiful Portland City Parks and worked up quite a sweat! It was awesome! I must say though that getting old is a BITCH! My right knee has been causing me a lot of problems and has become very painful and swollen. Ever since I fell out of a tree while on my honeymoon in Hawaii, landing square on my right knee, (a long and funny story ending in 14 stitches) it just hasn't been the same. I am choosing to believe that as I get smaller and more fit, that it will hurt less. . .

So, I have been working on my weight loss goal and exercise plan for awhile now and the pace began slow and has definitely progressed. My husband caught the fitness bug and he has lost about 15 pounds! Amazing! Annoying, but amazing. I guarantee that I have worked harder and have eaten significantly less, and I would be lucky if I lost 8 pounds let alone 15. His overall health has improved greatly and I am very proud of him. By the way, I am still not on good terms with my scale. I am working solely in terms of inches lost and how my clothes fit. I have been receiving supportive comments from my friends and family, making me feel more confident in my progress.

Activity
3 mile hike

Meals
1/4 cup Life cereal
1 Naked juice
1/2 Harvest Bar
5 oz poached salmon
1/4 cup brown rice
17 pretzels
16 oz Gatorade

1 comment: