Saturday

OBDF Day 26

11/07/09
Day 26 of 182

When I had finally made the decision to get my sorry ass in shape, I started with small steps. One of the very first thing that I began doing was writing everything that I ate and drank (besides water.) If you bite it, write it. . . I didn't come up with that mantra on my own. I heard it on the Tyra show the other day, but it is the truth, because when you really start to realize what you are eating and how much you are eating when you write it all down. It really helps you allow to analyze your diet and adjust where needed.

Then, about a month after adjusting my diet and changing my eating habits I slowly integrated exercise. After a few weeks that slowly progressed as well. In an effort to hold myself accountable, I started keeping a journal detailing my exercise and eating. I also integrated notes about my blood pressure, mood and I even went so far as to note how regular I was. I know, that seems a bit strange, but I noticed a significant change due to the amount of raw vegetables and fiber that I was eating and found it note worthy. This whole process, including the dietary change took about 6 weeks before I set my ultimate goal.

At first, it was just trying to eat healthier and then I became motivated to really get in shape. I thought about the last time that I was truly happy with how I looked and felt and realized that it was six years ago, just before I was married. I weighed 180 ( my current goal weight) and was sporting a size 10-12, which is still considered "plus sized model" sized, but I was toned and I felt amazing. I had a resting heart rate of 48. (At my unhealthiest, my resting heart rate was around 80!) So that's how I came to my current goal/target weight. I grabbed a notebook and created a day by day account and began. Then, came the blog and I transferred all of my previous weeks notes into my blog, which has obviously graduated to a day by day blog.

This blog holds me very accountable. It began with having only a few readers and now I am receiving comments, accolades and encouragement from people that I don't know. I can not tell you what a profound effect that this has had on me and I would like to acknowledge the support that I have received and thank everyone. I know that each day I have to come here and confess my sins or good deeds and it really does keep me motivated and on track.

Activity
Strength Training
Triceps
Shoulders
Push ups
Crunches

Meals
Two eggs
Two soy sausage patties
1 slice of whole wheat toast
6 oz superfood juice
Latte (2% with vanilla)
Gradenburger
Salad
Odwalla Bar
Gatorade
Cashews
Yogurt (non-fat) with granola (low fat)

Note: I make my diet plans in the morning, usually after breakfast, but before the majority of my day. Usually I have to go back and adjust it, especially now that I have started working, because sometimes, like yesterday, I ran my butt off in a crazy frantic for about 7 hours, beginning the moment I stepped in the door at work, and did not have the opportunity to eat, at all until 9:30 at night. It really sucked, but now I have a prepacked lunch box full of snacks for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment