Sunday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 82

1/2/2010
Day 82 of 190

I am off to Bend today, just a hop, skip and a jump plus a three hour drive to get there. It will be nice though to get a change of scenery, plus one of my brothers and his family lives there and I will be able to see them for a little while.

I have commented on my "odd" family structure before. My brother in Bend I just met about two years ago, shortly after the death of my youngest brother, Klinton. My biological father "got around," should we say and fathered five children with three different women within a span of seven years and although I knew as a young adult that I had siblings, I never had the chance to meet them until I was in my 20's, and the identity of my brother here in Bend, remained a mystery for the longest amount of time, because he was adopted and his name was changed. The mothers of the five of us either didn't know how to or didn't think that it was important for us to meet or interact with each other as children. . . in my opinion, it was a big mistake. There was a lot of time lost and a lot of catching up to do, but on the flip side, it is interesting how similar we all are even though we spent little or no time together growing up and in very different family units.

I have four brothers, two step brothers, one step sister, four nephews, five nieces, one mother, one step mother, one adoptive father, one biological father, five sister-in laws, one brother in law, a mother in law, a father in law, fourteen aunts and uncles, countless cousins and I am pretty sure Barack Obama is related to me somehow (wishful thinking. . . maybe.)

Kind of a crazy day, getting to Bend and all, I focus mostly on food, while I am traveling and working crazy hours.

Activity:
1 mile

Meals
1 egg
whole wheat tortilla wrap
1 small salad 4 oz salmon
latte
coffee
8 french fries
1/2 fish sandwich (nasty)
1 beer
1/2 piece cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment