Tuesday

106

1/26/2010
Day 106 of 182

I am not sure if many of my readers have heard of the Fit Bit, but it's anticipated arrival is just a few short weeks away. This little contraption, similar to the Body Bug which is a device that monitors many aspects of your daily caloric burn. The Body Bug monitors your body temperature, your exercise, it acts as a pedometer and generally monitors how your body functions overall. It takes into account your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is just a fancy way of describing how many calories your body requires just to maintain weight, and basic bodily functions such as breathing etc. You wouldn't think so, but just existing requires A LOT of calories.

For someone of my stature and gender, I basically require a little over 3000 calories a day. . . that seems insane. Obviously, I am looking to lose weight, so as I lose weight, my needs will change.

So, back to the Fit Bit. . . .in addition to the exercise component, it also measures your sleep patterns. It is VERY small, like the size of a pinky and it clips to things like a pocket or a bra and it uploads your daily data to the docking station if you step within 20 feet of it then automatically sends it to an online site that tracks your progress. Did I mention that it costs less than half the price of a Body Bug which retails for $220. For $100 bucks it seems to seriously aid in your fitness efforts. Honestly, I have compared the products and am stoked for the Fit Bit to be released!

Activity:
3.3 miles

Meals:
2 granola bars
36 oz Gatorade
6 celery sticks with blue cheese dressing
shrimp quesadilla
black beans
1 beer

No comments:

Post a Comment