Tuesday

Day 96

1/15/09
Day 96 of 182

Today is Friday and again, my schedule and it's inherent volatile nature reared it's ugly head. I learned that my expected schedule has changed once again, and I am rather frustrated. I just have to be flexible and deal with it.

I worked in Vancouver again today and had a rather long day. Currently, my day consists of A LOT of standing and working on my feet, which I am generally used to, but I prefer to move around, the whole standing in one place thing for hours and hours is not fun and is actually painful. I am not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I have a pretty bad back. I have stenosis of my lumbar spine (which means that I have swelling around my spinal cord that interferes with my nerve function to my lower extremities.) In addition, I have 3 bulging discs also in my lumbar spine. Regular exercise helps with symptoms, but there are certain activities, such as standing or sitting for long periods of time that cause increased inflammation and increased pain. . needless to say, my back has been properly aggravated and my daily quality of life has been worse. I hate that I have a spinal condition shared by my husbands 94 year old grandmother. . . it's a little discouraging. I know that losing weight will help my overall day to day function, but there are some days that I feel like giving up due to pain and overall discomfort.

Activity:
1 mile

Meals
Raisin bran with milk
1 latte
1 protein bar
1 apple
1 large salad
blue cheese dip with bread (about 3 oz and 2 slices of bread)
2 vodka and sodas

No comments:

Post a Comment