Sunday

OBDF Day 83

1/3/2010
Day 83 of 182

I woke up this morning, at 9:28 a.m., unhappily, I might add. We had breakfast plans with my brother and having closed the night before, was less than happy to get out of the comfy hotel bed. Breakfast was good and it was awesome to hang with my family, but the service was absolutely terrible and I left the establishment full, but frustrated.

Yesterday, I had someone ask me about New Year's Resolutions and I realized that I was very vague during one of my previous posts. I think that I needed sometime to solidify my thoughts. So here they are:
1. Learn a new language (Italian I think, I speak Spanish, a little French and will reward myself with a trip to Italy next year.)
2. Following through with goals
Specifically:
a.Complete ONE children's book
b.Complete a 5K and 10K
c.Get new job
d.Work harder at maitaining current relationships/friendships

In total, that is five things that I need to work on throughout the year, and, in addition to maintaining a healthy and fitter lifestyle and losing weight. I have my work cut out for me, but I know I can do it.

Healthy Secret # 9
You're Never Too Old to Improve Your Habits
"It's too late to improve my health." Many people think that their habits are set, and even if they could change them, what good would it really do? Actually, improving your habits can improve your health at any age. There is no value to lamenting what you didn't do for yourself in the past, but there is tremendous value in thinking about what you can do for yourself in the future.

It is already well known that much of the damage we do to our bodies can be reversed. The body is an amazing entity. Long time smokers can rehabilitate their smoke damaged lungs, people with poor diets, high blood pressure and clogged arteries can reverse their vascular damage and reduce their blood pressure through exercise and diet, and the list goes on and on. Habits are definitely a hard thing to change, whether it is an eating habit, a nervous habit or a sedentary lifestyle, but they are changeable and worth changing. The tremendous amount of accomplishment I felt when I finally, after 30 years of chewing my nails, stopped and haven't for a year now. All it really takes is the motivation to change and baby steps to follow through.



Activity:
1 hour cardio
20 minutes pool

Meals
1 English Muffin
4 oz salmon
spinach
2 eggs
2 cups coffee
?????

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina,

    I don't think you are eating enough. You are training at the level of an elite athlete and you need enough calories to fuel the system. Select nutrient rich foods in enough volume as to allow your system to flourish.

    Have I preached at you about this before? If so, feel free to ignore me.

    Love,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete