Wednesday

OBDF 107

1/27/2010
Day 107 of 182

Today I got up pretty early. . . at least for me. I made it a point to get up a bit earlier than I would have liked because I was determined to workout BEFORE work this morning. I have discussed how my ever changing schedule sometimes has an adverse affect on my workout schedule.

So, I got up early and headed to the local track so that I could improve my mile time. I am determined to run the shamrock run in March, which is a 5K, which is also one of my New Year's Resolution. I am proud to say that today I DRAMATICALLY decreased my mile time. . .by over 2 minutes! I am on my way! And please, believe me when I say that I am not a born runner. Running has always been a challenge for me. I have asthma. I do not possess that runner's physique and forcing myself to keep running is often times a challenge, but there is nothing like exceeding a personal best and realizing improvement.

So, tomorrow I will run again and my goal is to improve my time even more, wish me luck. (By the way, although I had not needed to use my inhaler daily, I have had to reintegrate it into my routine before running because the stress is just a bit too much to handle at this point, but hopefully I will not have to use it much longer.)

Activity:
3 miles

Meals:
cereal with milk
protein bar
32 oz Gatorade
fish sandwich
a few french fries
1 beer
1 vodka soda

No comments:

Post a Comment