Thursday

ODBF Day 86

1/06/2010
Day 86 of 182

Today was actually a pretty great day! I went for a sushi lunch, went for a 4 mile hike and spent time with a long lost friend! She moved away some 3000 miles after high school, and now she is back in town (Salem) and I quickly remembered why she was/is one of my favorite people ever. What an amazing lady!

This month has been good to me in that regard. One of my resolutions was to maintain my friendships better and not only do I have my dear friend that I just mentioned, I also reconnected with someone I met just about 10 years ago, but because of an argument (my fault) we hadn't talked for almost five years. It definitely did not help that she lived in Alaska. I tried and tried to her to forgive me, and I had all but given up hope. I eventually removed her email from my contact list, deleted her phone number and I thought that I had lost one of the most fun and kindred spirits that I had ever encountered for good. Then, last month, I searched for her on FaceBook and I found her. I requested her to be my friend and she accepted! It was progress and since then we have been messaging ever since.

Forgiveness is an important thing, maybe one of THE most important things in life. I was in the wrong, I know that and I have regretted it for five years. One tip for people who think giving unwarranted advice is a good idea. It is not. Just be there, don't judge, don't put your two cents in, even if you think you are helping. It may just cost you someone that you love and cherish.

I feel lucky and blessed and these two ladies of which I speak know who they are. Thank you for being in my life and thank you for being my friend and most of all, thanks for forgiving me.

Meals
Life cereal
sushi
latte
16 oz Gatorade
grilled cheese

Activity:
4 mile hike

No comments:

Post a Comment