Saturday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 19

10/31/2009
Day 19 of 182

Halloween and I am well on my way into my third week and already anticipating my weigh in this coming Tuesday. By the way, my husband NEVER moved, nor hid the scale. It is amazing that I have managed to stay away from the scale, mainly because of fear I am sure, but none the less. If I step on the scale this Tuesday and it hasn't moved or perhaps it has increased, I am fearful that I will give up. . .

I woke up excitedly this morning because I was going to have a workout partner other than my dog or my husband, but unfortunately I ended up working out alone (again) with Chula. I feel kind of bad for her sometimes because she absolutely hates the rain and I force her to accompany me.

Chula and I hopped in the car (we have an Element by the way which is amazing during the Oregon Falls, Winters and Springs) and drove out to Tryon Creek, which in case you have never been is located near Lake Oswego. Apparently it rained yesterday because the trails today were soggy. Last week, I went to Tryon Creek and had used a very old pair of running shoes, and perhaps you may remember, I slipped at one point and fell on my ass. I blamed my shoes. As it tuned out, it wasn't my shoes.

I was coming down one of the leave covered muddy paths and approached a wooden dock-like structure that is used to even out a really uneven and erroding area of the trail and noticed an elderly gentleman approaching. I tightened Chula's leash and prepared to pass him as he waited for us to pass. Youthful, energetic me passing the hundred year old raisin, I felt proud. That was until my right foot slipped out from under me and I fell to the ground, hard. Embarressed, the old guy asked if I needed help, sheepishly I declined was up and on my way. I am such a clutz! I am pobably the most successful clutz in clutz history.

Lessons learned:
keep the pride in check
walk carefully on the wooden bridges and fixtures at Tryon Creek
don't make fun of old people. . . . as much.

Activity
4.5 mile hike with Chula

Meals
Cheerios
1 banana
4 oz protein drink
1 hardboiled egg
1 spider roll
2 peices of nigiri salmon
2 peices of nigiri tuna
4 peices of california roll
1 handful low fat chips
raw carrots
rockstar energy drink

No comments:

Post a Comment