Wednesday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 16

10/28/2009
Day 16 of 189

After another frustrating weigh in day yesterday, I decided to go online in search of a reason that explains my lack of pounds lost. I discovered several free software downloads that help you calculate how many calories you are burning, including your BMR and activity level. It also has a function that helps you exactly calculate how many calories you are consuming. According to this program I should be eating 3700 calories daily for weight maintenance and 2200 calories while trying to lose 2.5 lbs/week.
That seems like a ton, but my current 1200-1600 isn't working so, I am going to give it a try and eat more during the day. Yesterday was day one and I ate around 2000 calories and it really took a lot of effort. I am going to give it until next weigh in to see if this indeed makes a difference.

Yesterday was an exciting day for me! I borrowed a used bike from my brother the other day and spent a few hours yesterday getting it cleaned up. I filled the tires with air, removed several broken pieces, tightened the rear brakes and put new pedals on it! I was very proud of myself!
The saying "It's like riding a bike," meaning that you never forget, isn't exactly true as I quickly found out!
I hopped on the bike, pumped for my pioneer excursion and found myself hurling down my driveway, through the side lawn and through a bush. Stupid bush. It seemed that I had forgotten how to use the handle bar breaks. This is the second time that I nearly killed myself this week trying to exercise. My only condolence was that there was no one around to witness my embarrassment.

Today I awoke with a pleasant image in my head. Most people can recall the infamous scene from the movie "Office Space," when all of the disgruntled employees beat the crap out of the poor defenseless copy maker, while gangsta rap is playing in the background.
When this whole experience is over, and I have achieved my goal, that will be me, in a field, with my scale, a sledgehammer, an axe and whatever large, blunt object annihilating my scale, so if you see some crazy person in a field with a mini-arsenal, worry not. It's just me inflicting my revenge. Stupid scale.

Meals
1 soy sausage
2 eggs
mushrooms
slice whole wheat toast
mixed berries (strawberry, black, rasp and blueberries)
protein bar
apple
6"Subway Veggie Sub with Provolone Cheese
16 oz Gatorade
4 slices sour dough bread (spaghetti factory)
Small garden salad (Blue Cheese on the side)
Spinach and cheese ravioli with marinara ( half portion, I saved the rest for lunch tomorrow)
a scoop spumoni ice cream
1 Pint Hefewiezen

Activity
4.5 Mile Hike
(This hike totally kicked my ASS! Nut it was a GREAT workout and the weather waw cooperative) estimated calories burned (took me about 2 hours: 1200

No comments:

Post a Comment