Sunday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 12 AKA THROW AWAY THE SCALE!

10/24/2009
Day 12 of 182

Saturday
I have decided that I hate my scale. It is of the freaking DEVIL and all it does (sometimes) is make a hardworking woman busting their ass to lose weight feel like absolute and total SHIT! (please excuse my profanity) I got on the scale this morning, anxious and excited to see the benefits of my hard work and much to my dismay it read 242.0, which, in case you don't remember is 3.5 pounds MORE than it was just three days ago.
I literally got my big ass off of the scale and proceeded to cry; bawl actually, uncontrollably for about an hour.
I thought, "How the "F" is this possible? What is going on? It became clear that the love/hate relationship that I was involved in with my scale would have to come to an end. This constant toying with my emotions was killing my motivation and ruining my ambition.
I asked my husband to hide to scale from me, only to reveal it once a week so that I can check progress.
I had become scale obsessed, which is easy to do especially when it is sitting there in your bathroom staring at you, summoning you, teasing you.
Then there are men! They have no idea the torture! The pure unadulterated torture embodied by the scale and all that it represents. "It's muscle." he says. "It's water weight," he says. The fact is that I don't care what it is, the fact is that it is there, taunting me.

After I composed myself, my husband walked with me to the Starbucks (1 mile away.) After we arrived home, I geared up and took my dog on a 4.5 mile hike. (Carrying 5 lbs of weight in my backpack.) NO MATTER WHAT, I had to keep going. It has to pay off, it just has to.

Activity
5.5 miles (4.5 with an extra 5 lb in my pack)

(Note: Internet peeps say that it is normal to gain up to 6 pounds, even overnight because of water weight, diet or sodium. Advice: drink lots of water and try to flush out your system.)

Meal
1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter)
Tuna Fish sandwich with pickle, celery, onion and two slices of whole wheat bread
1 medium apple
1/2 quesadilla (cheese only)
4 grilled prawns
small salad (dressing on side)
1 yogurts
5 crackers
7 olives (black)

No comments:

Post a Comment