Sunday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 8

10/20/2009
Day 8 of 182
Weigh In: 239 Total weight lost to date: .9 lbs

I am finding it very difficult to eat more calories! Especially the right kind of calories! Consuming 1000 calories is easy when it comes in the form of a Super Sized Value Meal from McDonald's, but not so easy when I don't eat beef, pork, chicken or fried foods. I made plans today with a friend to meet for Happy Hour. I wonder what I will eat.
One of the most notable things about eating healthy is that food tastes sooooo much better and is way more satisfying! I would have found that hard to believe six weeks ago when the sugar, carbohydrate and caffeine cravings were killing me, but now I have next to no cravings and the simplest of food tastes amazing!

One thing that not everyone knows is that I have Asthma and it is actually pretty bad. Every morning I take my Advair and use my rescue inhaler before I work out. I find it helps a lot with breathing. Today, I forgot to take it and boy I felt the difference! I want people with Asthma to know that you can still push yourself and workout, you just have to be smart about it!

For arguments sake, I have lost a pound. As a reminder, I wanted to lose 2.5 per week. This obviously did not happen. Discouraging? Yes. Giving up? No way! The scale is moving in the right direction after all.

Activity
3.5 miles (50 minutes)
30 minute strength training video (it totally kicked my ass!!!)
3 sets of 15 lunges

Meals
2 soy sausages
2 eggs
1 slice whole wheat toast
8 oz 2% milk
Large salad with 1 egg
Salmon cake
1/2 cup cottage cheese
16 oz Gatorade
2 oz pineapple
10 (yes 10) french fries
2 1/2 pieces veggie pizza (thin crust)
2 16 oz beers (Guiness)

No comments:

Post a Comment