Sunday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 3

10/15/2009
Day 3 of 182

I am very very very sore today. (Is that enough usage of the word very?) The truth is I that I can barely move. I got out of bed today and walked very slowly and cautiously. I honestly looked as though I had some sort of developmental disorder. According to many online resources, this is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or DOMS for short. Whatever it is called, to freaking sucks!
On top of that, I am coming down with a head cold and I feel like absolute ass!
I tried to research whether or not I should attempt to exercise my extremely sore muscles and found varying opinions on the matter. I also tried to find out whether it was a good idea to work out when ill and found the same thing.
It is so frustrating to find so much conflicting data on the subject, so after gathering the opinions of my husband, my best friend and my mother, I decided that it was best to just trust my gut.
I decided to do a light (and I mean light) amount of exercise and headed out.

Activity:
1.5 mile walk (35 minutes but I kept my heart rate above 120)
125 crunches
abdominal leg lifts (3 sets of 10 lifts)
(I have exercised 5 days in a row)

Meals
2 eggs
2 slices whole wheat toast
8 oz soy based protein drink
16 oz Gatorade
2 oz Salmon with large mixed salad (low fat dressing 40 calories)
1/2 yogurt mixed with 1/8 cup Grape Nuts
1/2 White flour quesadilla with mixed cheese (1/2 of 1 tortilla)
1 tbsp guacamole
1 tbsp sour cream
1 small fish taco on corn tortilla (made with 2 oz fried cod)
4 peices of small hard candy

Note: I feel very guilty about the fried fish and have a feeling that I will pay for it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment