Sunday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 7

10/19/2009
Day 7 of 182

Although I was planning on weighing in today, I spent the night at my in-laws house and did not have access to my normal scale. I need to make sure that I am consistently using the same equipment, so my weigh in did not happen. Too bad.

After keeping a weekly journal of my diet and exercise, I had a friend of mine who has an associates degree in diet and nutrition, take a gander at my activity level and food intake. One of my concern is that I am not ingesting enough calories to keep up with my activity. I have been reading a lot about this online and there are many "Experts" who state that too little calories will result in a dramatic drop in metabolism, although I can't determine exactly what that means. One source stated a drop of up to approximately 20%, but that exercise counteracts this.
Anyway, back to the nutrition guy. He suggested I add about 300-400 more calories a day. He also stated that the slow weight loss could be attributed to a number of sources:
Gain of muscle tissue
Water retention
Insufficient caloric intake
Hmmmm, I am VERY confused

Activity:
None

Meals:
2 pieces whole wheat toast
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 grilled cheese (cheddar)
1 cup tomato soup
1 Large Salad with 2 hard boiled eggs
1 salmon cake
1 Yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment