Thursday

Operation Don't Be Fat Day 17

10/29/09
Day 17 of 182

I was thinking today, why is it that there are so many activities that we, as women, participate in which require us to "get ready" for. Now, I don't mean the basic things like taking a shower to go out, or putting on make up or getting dressed, I mean silly things like giving yourself a mini pedicure PRIOR to going to the salon to get a real pedicure just so the lady (or man) working on your feet don't look at them and judge you and your ugly, calloused feet, or paying special attention "down there" before going for your yearly exam, just so that "your lady area" looks presentable and not like an over grown jungle in dire need of a machete, or how about washing and styling your hair prior to going to the hair salon just so they can again wash your hair in order to cut, color or style it? It's crazy!

It's the same thing with working out! Now, I currently do not have a gym membership right now, but I clearly remember making sure that my ponytail was just perfect or that I applied waterproof mascara before working out just so that I didn't feel like I looked like a complete mutant while working out. Hell, I still make sure that my workout clothes match and that I look presentable and for what? At the end of every workout I look the same: Very sweaty, very flushed and my hair, very disheveled.

The amount of pressure that we as women place on ourselves for things that are so absolutely ridiculous is mind boggling and it doesn't help that whenever I purchase a "Fitness" magazine the exercise demonstrations have these picture perfect women performing them with not even so much as a hair out of place.

For once, I would really love to look at a fitness magazine and have a photograph of what a real woman looks like after working out, when she is exhausted, flushed and has had her ass thoroughly kicked by her workout. Now that is a woman with whom I could identify with!

Bicycle update: She is up and running (only one small hang up. . . my husband tinkered with the brakes and now I have to have them looked at.) I even got myself a helmet and today will be mu pioneer excursion!

Activity
5 Mile Bike Ride

(I was going to do more exercise, but began throwing up shortly after my initial bike ride and couldn't hold anything down until around 8:00 p.m., so that kind of threw off my plan for the day.)

Meals
1/2 cup protein drink
2 eggs with mushrooms
1 soy sausage
3 small pancakes with fresh berries and 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 Cup of No Chicken noodle soup
1 non fat yogurt
5 pieces of left over pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment